This is our biggest campout of the season with canoeing, paddleboats, fishing, exploring, volleyball and most importantly, time for fathers and sons to be together in God’s great outdoors. Camping starts Friday evening. Dinner is at 7pm. Saturday is all day fun and fellowship with a group campfire after dinner. On Sunday, we end with an outdoor church service after breakfast.
Fathers and sons can either campout in tent sites or in a camper site. Their are indoor restrooms and showers. Here is a list of things you need to bring.
- Tent or camper
- Sleeping bags and mats
- Hammer or Hatchet for driving tent stakes
- Bathroom and shower supplies
- Mosquito repellant and sunscreen
- Sun hat, knit hat, and sun glasses
- Light jacket and/or rain poncho
- Two or three changes of clothing
- Bible and other reading material
- Portable camping chair
- Fishing gear
- Recreational equipment like balls, or frisbees, or nets to catch frogs
- Good pair of walking shoes
- Canteen or water bottle
- Personal snacks
Boys are not to bring:
- Video games, ipods, or personal phones. (Dads can bring their own phones)
- BB guns, knives, or any other toy or tool that might accidentally injure others.
Directions and Campground Information